Executive Order No. 92, Series of 2019
Institutionalizing the National Council Against Child Labor to Upscale the Implementation of the Philippine Program Against Child Labor
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
- Formulate a framework, national action plan, and such other policies, guidelines and programs for the effective enforcement of RA No. 7610, as amended, and other related laws and regulations;
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of the PPACL by all concerned agencies and organizations;
- Coordinate and conduct advocacy campaigns and information dissemination on child labor and existing laws related thereto;
- Establish child-appropriate mechanisms, including the conduct of capacity-building activities for child laborers, their families and communities, towards their meaningful participation and empowerment;
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and data management system on child labor that ensures the sharing of relevant information, fosters communication, and improves program monitoring of child labor case referrals;
- Ensure the conduct of researches, studies, surveys and assessments on child labor, for policy and program development and enhancement;
- Establish and maintain effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, taking into account national action plans and other time-bound measures;
- Monitor the status of cases filed against individuals, agencies, institutions or establishments that violate the provisions of laws on child labor;
- Foster cooperation with international development agencies and other competent bodies to provide expert advice on the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, International Labor Organization (ILO) Convention 138, ILO Convention 182, RA No. 7610, as amended, and other related laws;
- Accept donations, contributions, grants or bequests from domestic or foreign sources for the purposes relevant to the Council’s mandates and functions, pursuant to relevant laws and subject to applicable budgetary, accounting and auditing rules and regulations; and
- Perform such other powers and functions as may be directed by the President.
Apart from the aforementioned, there shall be two (2) representatives each from the workers sector, employers sector, and non-government organizations with programs on child labor.
|Chairperson:||Department of Labor and Employment|
|Co-Chairperson:||Department of Social Welfare and Development|
Department of Education
|Apart from the aforementioned, there shall be two (2) representatives each from the workers' sector, employers sector, and non-government organizations with programs on child labor.|
Read Executive Order No. 92 here.